About Scotty

My photo
CEO of Swear Down TV//Radio host on Swear Down Radio//Writer of 'The Unfamous'//Blogger//BAD ASS//

Total Pageviews

Monday 4 April 2011

Porcelain Black 'This Is What Rock and Roll Looks Like' Ft Lil Wayne

So I came across this video on YouTube's fancy pants VEVO section and being a bit of a rocker myself I thought I'd check it out. Since the Kings of Leon came out with 'Sex On Fire' rock music has been criticised as being too mainstream so I thought that with a song with this title that Porcelain Black (formerly known as Porcelain and the Tramps, which is a WAY cooler name if you ask me) would bring rock back to reality. I was wrong. I checked out their older stuff and it was a lot more hardcore than the watered down version of them now.

I'm kind of on the fence about the song because I thought that it was going to be a genuine rock song but it's more like a harsher version of Ke$ha (minus the glitter but with the whorism amped up a couple hundred notches).



You know those artists that you see and you think 'you're not going to be around for very long', this is the feeling I get with this Porcelain Black. She is definitely what Rock and Roll looks like, but she definitely doesn't sound like it. I will say that she does have the voice for it, but that techno/rock/pop thing she is doing is a bit...meh!

She seems like an industry puppet to be honest. If she sing the songs her voice is meant to sing then she may have half a chance. I don't HATE the song but I'm not a fan either. We'll just have to wait and see with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment